We are coming near the start of the pike season at Simpsons and I just want to run over a few rules with anyone wanting to give it a go this winter.
- Barbless hooks only (including plugs and spinners)
- Only sea dead baits can be used
- Live baiting is permitted BUT must be caught from the same lake
- Minimum of a 28" landing net
- You must have an hooking mat
- A long strong pair of forceps
- All fish MUST be returned as quickly as possible
- You MUST use a wire trace whether fly, spinning, live or dead baiting
- You can fish either Upper Fuzzy or Martins for the pike
Well I expect there to be close to half a dozen good 20's to grace the banks this year with the current complex record standing at 19lb 12oz caught on the fly.
look forward to seeing you on the 1st of October